Thursday, April 25, 2013

my last off day of the spring season

and so it is finally upon me - the last day I go without live racing in the spring season...

...of course Sunday will begin another off-season until I get to Pocono Raceway for the newly named "Party In The Poconos 400" June 7 weekend.  It's a much shorter off season for me - 5 weeks opposed to these past 8 weeks I had to suffer through.


I have an 11:30-1:00 meeting, have myself some lunch and then hit the home stretch until my 5:00 bell rings!  I'll then make my way home to walk my dog, Don Mattingly (yes, I was a huge fan of the "Hitman"), on this beautiful April Thursday afternoon.

Don Mattingly

It looks as though the weather a little further south in Richmond, VA is even nicer per @RIRInsider's photos.
Then it's time to pack my bags, eat some dinner and head to sleep a little early for the 4:45 AM wake-up call.  Thank God the airport is only a 20 minute drive from home.


See you tomorrow, Richmond International Raceway!

@themike79

No comments:

Post a Comment